[jaws-uk] FW: IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT JAWS 6 - Internet Licensing Managed version

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:59:53 -0000

Here it is again for those who have just joined the list, or
missed it yesterday morning.

(And I can confirm that some have arrived already!)

George.

Hi all

Apologies for the cross posting to the JAWS-UK, Access-UK
and BCAB lists.

Due to technical reasons, while Sight & Sound can receive
list messages, they are unable to post to Encartis run
listserves.  I'm therefore relaying the following message
from Mervyn Robertson.

As many of you know, current Quella (floppy master disk)
versions of the latest JAWS 6 will effectively expire and
become demonstration versions on March 15th.  BUT DON'T
PANIC YET!

Sight & Sound are currently in the process is sending out
new ILM CDs and hope to have the last of these mailed out
from Northampton by next Tuesday 1st March.

All being well therefore, most users should have received
their CD's by the end of next week.

If you have moved house since you initially registered, and
have not re-registered, please immediately e-mail
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx quoting your Serial Number
together with your OLD and NEW address together with a
daytime telephone number.

In some cases, CDs may be sent to sub-distributors. Hence,
in the event that you do NOT receive your CD by Monday 7th
March, please initially contact your original supplier.
Please have your JAWS Serial number to hand.

If you have still not received your CD by Monday 7th March,
please e-mail support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx quoting your JAWS
serial number and postal address, together with your
telephone number.

PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL CONCERNING NON-DELIVERY BEFORE MONDAY
7th MARCH.  (Give Postman Pat time to do his thing!  Smile)

As regards installation, you can install the ILM version
over your existing JAWS 6 following the instructions given
to activate the product over the Internet.  You will of
course require to have an Internet connection to do this.

In the event that you do not have an internet connection for
the PC on which you are installing, either telephone Sight &
Sound (01604) 798070, or if you can, e-mail
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your Serial Number and full
address and contact details.  They will provide you with
further instructions.

If you have any questions, please direct them to the JAWS-UK
list, and we will do our best to answer as quickly as
possible.

George Bell.