[jaws-uk] Re: FREECOM DVTB TV STICK

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:22:40 +0100

Hi Maria
The Freeview stick just works for Freeview channels, not Sky. It is very
helpful for going through a programme guide and selecting things to record,
but if you want Sky you could perhaps go the way of a Hauppage Sky receiver
or the dual analog/digital tuner which allows freeview and analog (therefore
sky). You can get an account with tvtv.co.uk, search thir comprehensive
listings of Sky, Freeview etc. choose the programs you wish to record and
the website sends signals to your tuner card in your computer in order to
start it recording. It work quite well with a little bit of setting up.

Hope this helps.
Gordon McFarlane