[jaws-uk] Excel query.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:36:19 +0100

Hi all,

Using JFW 6.1, XP Pro.

In Excel, I am attempting to make up a score chart for example, with a
players name in column 1, various scores along the row for several
columns etc.

It may be tight to get what I want into the width of an A4 page, so is
there a way that I can check that the width of some columns is just
enough to take the text or number of digits I need to insert?

For example, If Robin Clayden is the longest name being used, how do I
find out what width of column will suffice for all players, so that all
names are fully visible in the column? 3 digits will be the max used in
any given column, but 888 takes up more width than 111 for example, so
is there a magic trick to fix this?

I fear this is a sighted help job, and not one for jfw.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Switchboard.
Edinburgh College of Art.