[jaws-uk] Re: Excel query.

  • From: David W Wood <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:15:52 +0100

Robin

the first thing that you need is the 'autofit' function.

The way to do it is:
select all - ctrl+a
format - alt+o
cursor down to columns
tab across to autofit
press enter

your columns will be selected to the appropriate fit.

The difficulty with JAWS is that it will speak the entry irrespective of
whether or not it fits the visual presentation on screen.

You can then choose whether to print it in landscape or portrait.

I gather that somewhere in the print formatting is a facility to
proportion the text to the page, but this gives rise to cluttering and
difficulty of reading.

If you are printing to a laser printer and your touch is quite
sensitive, you can ascertain the print layout by feeling the toner on
the printed pages and ascertain the fit.

HTH

Another little fitting problem which sometimes occurs in Excel.
Is that If the result of a calculation is too wide for the selected
column width, then the result of
#######
may be presented to screen and JAWS.
choosing auto width as above should resolve this.

David

In message <B09AE9EEF29AB94BA1CED24B985F9255018475F7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Robin Clayden <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx> writes