[jaws-uk] Re: Error messages in Word

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:30:05 +0100

Hi Barbara
I'm using the ordinary Jaws 9 and the Word that comes in MS office 2007. I
remember vaguely having a similar problem.
I think that I got rid of it by stopping the automatic grammar and spell
checker. To do this you press ALT+F and go up or down and press ENTER on Word
options. In the menu that opens you choose Proofing Tools and switch off the
automatic proofing. The cruel thing is that I've just tried to reproduce what I
did then and for some reason Word takes me to the edit screen instead of the
proofing tools options.
For spell checking interference I used to press escape and that was that.
Pressing SHIFT+F10 you get a list of shortcut keys, see if you find there the
shortcut key you need.
Good luck,

Carlos.