[jaws-uk] Re: Editting a Word doc, format problem?

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:51:42 +0100

Hi Tim, Phil and Maggie,

Thanks to you all for your feedback. Didn't have much joy by saving it
as .rtf, but as Phil suggested, I unprotected the document via the tools
menu, was then able to read, navigate and even add comments and edit
options easily. Then I just resaved the document.

That worked a treat, so I'll just zapp it back to them with a few
comments.

I find it incredible that such an innocuous document can so easily screw
up our wonderful world leading Jaws screen reader... But also, when
you're dealing with blind and VI users and completing and editting
forms, why on earth do they worry about layout and presentation, keep it
plain and simple! *steam*

Being into web design a bit myself, it's not even that difficult that
they could put a good accessible electronic online form up on their
website for completion, instead of this e mail attachment idea.=20

Cheers, Robin.