[jaws-uk] E mail & forms mode problem

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:30:30 +0100

Hi,

Jfw 9 pro, XP Pro, IE7, Acer Ferrari laptop

The other day I got an error in my IE, saying a .dll file was
missing.... Managed to copy it across from another pc, but since then,
jaws is behaving strangely in Outlook Express and on the net.

Can't get it always to enter forms mode on webpages and, sometimes when
composing an e mail message, I can complete the fields ok, but when
tabbing into the message body, it doesn't let me continue. There's just
nothing there as I press a few keys and try and read back what I've
done....

All AVG and ZothSpy up to date and clear.

This is the only version of jfw on the machine.

1: Can I install an earlier jfw from the FS site to see if that makes
any difference? 7.1 for example?

2: Should I remove IE7 and re install that, or Is a jfw repair more
advisable?

If anyone's experienced this and has any clues, I'd appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Telecoms
Edinburgh College of Art,
74 Lauriston Place,
EDINBURGH EH3 9DF.

T: +44 0 131 221 6000
E: r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.eca.ac.uk

Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is a charity registered in Scotland, number
SC009201