[jaws-uk] Re: Drag and Drop in web applications

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:31:52 +0100

Hi Darren,

I don't remember seeing a response to this one.  I don't think there's
really an answer.  My usual summary of a web page requiring drag and
drop functionality, is that it isn't accessible to users of screen
readers.  You might find that your chances of it working are improved if
you switch off the Virtual Cursor mode by hitting JAWS-key + z.  I
haven't tried this, and it may not make any difference.  I'd be
interested to know if you do manage to get this sorted out, as I'd have
to change my views on dragging and dropping on websites.

Regards,

Tim Pennick