[jaws-uk] Disc failure. and Defrag etc.

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:12:00 -0000

A very nice man came from Viglen and he worked very hard indeed. He told me
that  the disc going was just bad luck. I did  tell me I did a Defrag  but
carefully. He acknowledged the  system is vulnerable whilst doing a Defrag
but was sure it was not the cause of the  problem, I did say the desktop has
been crashing for a  fairly  long while now at least a couple of times a day
he said  contact them if that happens. He couldn't been nicer.   He would
have loaded all my software again but  for some reason Jaws would not  speak
I  gave him the floppy disc and the  patch which was actually not a patch
but  the programme with the patch on it. he said it said 119 on it. anyway
I think Tony said  just  ask them to put Windows on and the Firewall Norton
the drivers  etc  and anyway Lunar and then Kurzweil all has to go on. I was
very impressed at the courtesy  of this young man. I asked him which
computer do you use? Yes you  have guessed it he   puts together his own. I
then said which ISP. and he said NTL, but I think that is  cable and I do
not have that here. Asking which antivirus, he used Norton. Well he was so
bright you  need to  pick a brain or  2 don't you. His last words were " now
do not forget to back up"  since all I have lost cannot retrieved I shall
look  upon it as a lesson.    Ps I have a Demo version of Jaws seven which
Tony was reluctant to try, maybe I shall  give it a go then. One last thing
I asked about is cookies do you  keep some or not. He said they sometimes
make it quicker to get  to somewhere you have  been before but in his
opinion get rid of all of them  or you will be plagued with Spam, he  uses
 Spybot. Incidentally  has anyone heard of Bulldog? Dorothy
Ps the disc is in a sealed unit in silver cover and you wouldhave tohave a
post mortem most likely for a full diagnosis. I  know the system has not
felt very ,I cannot  think of another word but I think many will  understand
what I mean, it seemed a bit sick, and off colour  all the time  so I
thought I would perk it up  with Defrag, in spite of what George says I will
still be wary of doing it again..