[jaws-uk] Re: Disc check?

  • From: "Nigel" <stoppard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:39:32 +0100

George,
How can I check the event log?

As I said no matter how many times I run disc check it always does the same
thing and when it finally loads into windows after twenty minutes of a blank
screen (confirmed by my sighted help) all it says is windows has recovered
from a serious error.

I don't know if this is connected to the fact that when I ran SFC a while
ago it found a problem and asked me to insert the windows CD.  Unfortunately
it said the version on the CD is different from the version I am running so
there was nothing it could do.  I presume the difference is that I got the
people who built the PC to install sp2 which is not on the CD as I got my
computer just after SP2 came out.

These problems are probably caused by my computers blue screening and
resetting it's self.  A problem that does not seem to have improved when I
installed the latest certified drivers for my graphics card.

In short my machine is a mess and has been since I got it.

Nigel
Why can't computers be easy to use?