[jaws-uk] Re: Default audio device

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:07:42 -0000

Jamie,

Below are the instructions I got with my Ion cassette deck.
These should work for you as well.

As it is a USB device, when first installing it takes over
as the primary sound device in the PC
after the first reboot, this could cause loss of sound from
your PC and thus your screen reader
temporarily.   However to get around this you can disconnect
it after rebooting, to make your
soundcard the default device again under the "audio" page,
before re-connecting it.  Then go into
"control panel, sounds & audio devices" and set your
soundcard to the default before reconnecting
it.  The ION will then co-exist quite happily as the second
sound device.

Good luck.

Jim Williams