[jaws-uk] Re: Default Voice rate for Jaws 10

  • From: "Belinda P" <bcpfizz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:13:41 +0100

OK, I looked into this a bit more and decided to do the following.  I
created a new Profile called "Fast Jaws", which has a very high voice rate.
This gets saved into the "Default" configuration file (which is stored in
somewhere like: My Docs/App data/FS/Jaws/Settings/Enu/).  Then I switch back
to the default Profile (with an ordinary speed voice rate).  Then I change
the default file to Read Only.  This way people can change the default voice
rate or change to another Profile or do all sorts of things but if they exit
and restart Jaws the system will go back to the default voice rate and other
settings.
This is not ideal as ideally I'd like people to be able to create their own
profiles but the system to switch back to the basic one when restarted, but
it does work so will do for now.
Belinda