[jaws-uk] Dealing with mouseover links on Websites

  • From: "Mujtaba Merchant" <mujtabam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:39:41 +0530

Hello,

This is getting of great concern with how websites are designed. Is there a
way to deal with mouse over links on a webpage using JAWS screen reader? The
only solution I came across, which was suggested by a friend in the
community, is to go to the view menu item in your browser, then go to styles
and select No Styles for the webpage. This works 80% of the time and on most
websites. But there are some really stubborn sites for example:
www.linkedin.com where changing the style to no style makes a little of a
difference. Doing this allows me to access mouse over links to help me sign
out of the site, but fails when I wish to do more complicated tasks on it,
like forward an Introduction Request to Connect from a connection to another
connection on my linkedin profile.

I tried on several occasions but failed miserably to accomplish this task.
The mouse over thing is really getting to me. I would appreciate if there is
another solution the group can suggest to overcome this problem.

Thanking you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mujtaba Merchant

Bangalore, India