[jaws-uk] Re: Daren

  • From: "Baldev Shinder" <bshinder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:31:40 +0100

baldev_shinder@xxxxxxxxxxx              Utility

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Barry Toner
Sent: 29 August 2005 22:22
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Daren

Dorothy, please try and remember professionals or users on this list are
under no legal or otherwise obligation to read/reply to your posts.  Or
those of anyone else.

As previously mentioned we are trying to understand your frustrations, we
really are.

But one point to remember is that if a solution is not found it is unfair to
dash the reputation of a tech support personell because they have not got a
solution for a bug or problem in the product that they themselves not being
on the development team have absolutely no control over.  nor is it their
blame if you were badly advised by an assessement team.

All members on this list as far as I am aware are still here through
voluntary means.  Even those that work for Jaws retailers or are on
development panels such as Alpha and Beta version testers.

A bit of curtisy can go along long way.

This all said it may help us further if we know more about the computer
setup.

You can easily find this out by doing the following,

1.  Click on this link.

http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisor.exe

This will download the program called belarc Adviser that will very quickly
examine your system and show the hardware and software you have installed.

2.  Go to where you downloaded the program and press return on it.

3.  A confirmation security window will appear asking you if your sure you
want to run this program, tab to and press the spacebar on run.

4.  The installation wizard will begin press spacebar on the install button.

5.  The next screen is a licence agreement that you must agree to to proceed
with the programs installation.  If you do press space on the I agree
button.

6.  The program will install once it does an internet explorer window will
appear showing all sorts of details about your computers setup.  Press the
following key strokes in this window

ctrl A

then ctrl C

Finally ctrl f4 to close this window out.

7.  Open up a new email message and Put something appropriate in the subject
field such as,

Dorothy's Hardware and Software profile

8.  Navigate to the message body and press,

ctrl v.

9  Send your email.

We can then see what setup your system is and this may help one of us or one
of the tech support guys from one of the retailers to establish if there
maybe a fix or something at least worth trying, say a driver up date for the
graphics card.

Who knows, it's wortha  try.

Barry