[jaws-uk] Corrupted Files?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:14:47 +0100

Hi list,
can any one explain just what is meant by  for example a corrupted File? I
had some notes  on a tape copied from a phone message of some 2 years ago ,
this was to  cure a Run time Library dialogue. the cure was to uninstall an
item of software  called the Configuration Engine, which if corrupted was
stopping the recognition Engine from working. Instruction along  removing an
item of software and then going into My documents backslash  ect., to the  C
drive and removing another  vital  item of Software
Next step was to put them back and this actually did cure the problem.
However I am not sure how the File was corrupted . Is it my fault? What did
I do to  corrupt anything?

It is just that I hear the word  mentioned all the time. Which steps can be
taken to stop  files becoming Corrupted?
Thanks Dorothy