[jaws-uk] Re: Cool Edit/Audition scripts for JAWS

  • From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:54:04 +0100

Me too, me too.
People say Reaper is accessible but, having now used it on 2 major projects
of high complexity, I would hate to be using it without sighted assistance
or an extended period of training, and even then I think its accessibility
is pretty debatable.  My engineer has been wearing out his mouse on it.
So, I'm also back, yet again, at the drawing-board on this question.  To be
honest, and against all logic and hearsay, I've previously had some good
experiences using Cubase with a Mackie control surface and intermittent
sighted engineering support.
Gutted to hear Audacity isn't behaving for you.  I haven't yet tried it but
have been harbouring highish hopes.  Don't they call Cool Edit Audition
these days?  So many platforms; I'm probably mixing them up :o)
Btw, am reading mail in reverse order and may have inadvertently deleted
later responses to this question.  Hoping others will post, or even repost
answers.  Cheeky, I know, but thanks.  This is a hot topic for me and my
deleted items folder is a wild and woolly place.
Thanks lots.
Amie