[jaws-uk] Content Refresh filter malfunction

  • From: "Thomas Liljebro" <thlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:27:33 +0200

Hi!
One of my clients have an Lenovo z61m with ATI X1300 graphic card and Win XP.

I can't figure out why the content refresh filter isn't working in this
computer with JAWS.

I check it against the page http://www.freedomscientific.se/e-stocks-refresh.htm

I have tried the three different ways of activate the content refresh filter:
1. JAWS + V, page refresh set to off
2. Settingsmanager - saving to jcf file
3. JAWS + Shift + V, personalized web settings

I have done several reinstallation attempts of JAWS. For the moment I use JAWS
10.0.1157U. Have tried to uninstall shared components, cleaning temporary
files, cleaning registry, removing Freedom instances in the harddrive.
Reinstalling graphic card driver. Also tried Firefox 3.6.8 with the same result
as IE 8.0. WindowsUpdated. Also tried to run windows in selective mode - where
only microsoft processes where allowed to run. But so far nothing to brighten
up my day!

Whats left to mention? I do know that an extensive virus/malware/spyware
removal have been done - maybe any file is corrupt? I was thinking about the
MSAA support but dont know how to repair such stuff. The computer also have a
ZoomText 9.1 installation which seems to be fully working - but ofcourse is not
running while Im doing my troubleshooting with JAWS.

I am thinking about repairing the Windows installation from disc.

Or choosing to install the MSAA update from the Windows Update site which
updates MSAA to the level found in Windows 7. Dont know whether this would
affect ZT9.1 / JAWS 10 negative or not. But it is uninstallable according to
the information given. I could ofcourse install JAWS 11 then.

What do you think?

/Thomas
-I'm going to be unemployed at Dec. 31th 2010

Hemsida: www.exkomp.nu