[jaws-uk] Re: Configuration manager.

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:28:17 +0100

The Jaws config manager allows you to tailor the vast majority of jaws settings. It can be global, meaning that the configurations, preset or user defined, can be applied to programs right across the board. It, however, can also be configured via jaws config files so that any changes you make only apply to individual programs. The sleep feature you mention relates to being able to put jaws to sleep whilst in a particular program. You can also unload the jaws synthesizer. An example of this would be where you want to use a program which is self voicing such as the Speak out aplication or Kurzweil. Once you exit the particular program, jaws will reawaken and you will have your speech back again. In the jaws config manager however, if you make any such changes, you must remember to firstly be in the aplication you want to alter the configs for and once completed, save your configurations to the file which config manager will automatically generate if you are in the aplication.

Hope that helps.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "mostafa almahdy" <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>