[jaws-uk] Re: Computer Questions

  • From: "Badger" <monty_badger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:00:48 -0000

no offence but i couldn't follow that at all and you used the word now about 25 times. could you rephrase it? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:39 AM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Computer Questions

Hi.
okay, trying to help my parents out with my dad's laptop, that he
bought and a acer machine.
what happened, is that we are with lizzy, http://www.lizzy.com.au and
he got windows vista, and i was trying to help them to try to find
their mail, and found it in windows mail.
now, i installed the 40 minute demo of jaws 9, and used narrator to
install jaws.
now, my dad uninstalled jaws, once i found where their missing
messages were in windows mail.
now, my dad uninstalled jaws 9, and they are computer novices, and not
really sure what they are doing.
now, wonder if my dad uninstalled jaws, and accidentally clicked on
remove, all shared components and now, for some stupid reason, it is
harder for them to get on the net, and popup boxes, when mum trying to
go forward, back, etc.
and now, other tasks, like trying to get on the net, opening programs,
so much more complex, and in the end, they give up, because of this
change system, and so slow with dial up.
so was wondering, using narrator, is there a option to roll back to a
previous setting , and installed jaws 9 demo for vista, end of January
or beginning of Febuary.
where is it, how to do that, and get it back, so it is so much more
easier for my parents to use.
asking on behalf and trying to help them out as a blind person.
and is there any beginner basic tutorials on how to use basic features
of vista, internet explorer 7, and windows mail, they are not computer
literate or computer savy, on how to use say for example, the new
internet explorer 7 tabs, how to get their windows mail, and how to
navigate in windows vista.
if you can help me out, i feel it is my fault, that their computer
system has  changed and maybe i should have not installed jaws 9 on to
vista.
also another question, should i turn off the user authentication
control, where it adds extra security or not?
and got any chepa broadband plans, say like switching from dial up, as
my brother set up  it up for us, or go to broadband?
if you can help, or my parents might have to ask my brother, which he
helped him out the last time.
cheers Marvin.

--
Check out my home page at http://startrekcafe.stevesdomain.net/