[jaws-uk] Re: Chips can you enlighten me.

  • From: "TIDDYogg" <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:22:44 -0000

I probably can't enlighten you!
Maybe this is what you mean.
Bluetooth, which was the name of some ancient  Scandinavian king, is a
system which is supposed to let different devices talk to each other.  It's
a sort of very short range radio system.
Nano-technology is the science of working with extremely small bits of
material, usually carbon, of sizes of a few atoms.  This all seems sciencee
fiction stuff, but the technology is now used in all sorts of odd things,
like sun-screen cream.
None of this latter thing should matter to you as regards computing, but the
BT ads go on about Bluetooth systems to let two computers share a
connection, (I think) at a small extra fee, of course.