[jaws-uk] Re: Check boxes in Word

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:20:39 +0100

Hi Chris,

As I have been finding out of late, all too many Word forms
designers actually don't really know how to create a form
which can be completed on the PC itself.  It looks great in
print, but no use otherwise.

May I suggest you study the Section in the Jaws Help files
about creating forms using JAWS.  Then show that to the
people who design the forms, and explain your problem.

Once they get it right, you will be able to use the space
bar to check and uncheck a box.

George.

Mullins, Chris
> Sent: 19 August 2005 09:21
> To: 'jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Check boxes in Word
>
> Hi
> Does anyone know how to check/uncheck a Check box in a
Word
> document?  The only way I can find is to press the
> Applications key, select 'Properties', then change the
> default setting.  This seems a convoluted way of doing
this,
> so is there a keystroke that I don't know about?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>
> Chris Mullins - Analyst/Programmer
> Experian Cardpac Multi Team
> Telephone 0115 828 6469
>
> Find out about The Experian Conference 2005 at
> www.experian.co.uk/conference2005

==
> ============
> Information in this e-mail and any attachments are
> confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone
other
> than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party
without
> our permission. There is no intention to create any
legally
> binding contract or other binding commitment through the
use
> of this electronic communication unless it is issued in
> accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and
> conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
> between Experian Limited and the recipient Experian
Limited
> (registration number 653331) Registered office: Talbot
House,
> Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80 1TH
>
> Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that
> this communication and any attachments are free from
computer
> virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure
that
> they are actually virus free.

link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]