[jaws-uk] Re: Changing The Date and Time

  • From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:56:45 -0000

Hi Mark

ok, I'll give it a shot.

1    press windows key and go to the start menu.
2    go to control panel, if you have something in there that  also starts
with the letter c press the c key until you hear control panel.  Press enter
on control panel.
3    press d until you get to the date and time and press enter.
4    You will be in a combo box for month.    It should say the current
month but you can be sure you get the correct month by opening the combo box
with alt plus down arrow, go down with your down arrow key until you hear
October.
5    press the tab key and you should be on the year.  If it says 2007, and
it should, press the tab key again twice until you are on the hour spin box.
If it says the current hour, tab again into the minute box.   The next tab
is the seconds tab, you can change these if they are incorrect.
7    do control tab until you  are in regional settings. This will probably
say GMT London
8    Hit tab again and you will be on the check box for automatic daylight
saving time.  If this is not checked, press spacebar to check it.
9    Tab around until you see the apply button, after the cancel button,
press spacebar to apply your changes so far.
10    Do control tab again and you should now be on the internet time page.
11    Your machine should say synchronize with an Internet time server
check box.  If it is not checked, press spacebar and check it.
12     Press tab and you will be on a choice of time servers. I don't do
anything with this one.
13    Press the tab key twice to ok, and you are done.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne