[jaws-uk] Re: Changing JAWS Settings

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:22:54 +0100

If it is Jaws 12 we are talking about then I think it is settings
centre>keyboard>manage key labels. You can check the Jaws help for more
details but here is a snip of the relevant help files:-

"Manage Key Labels
The options on this page allow you to specify which keyboard keys are
echoed, and what name is echoed for each key.

Key List View
This list provides information in three columns. As you press the arrow keys
to move through this list, the Key name column is read. Press INSERT+UP
ARROW to hear all three columns of information for the selected key. The
three columns are:

Key Name: This is the name of the key on the keyboard.
Key Label: This is the label JAWS speaks when echoing a press of a key.
Mute Status: This indicates whether or not a key label is spoken. Most keys
can be toggled between the status of Speak or Mute. Keys with the status of
Always Speak cannot be muted.
Toggle Mute
This button allows you to toggle the mute status of the selected item in the
Key list view between Speak and Mute.

Change Label
This button allows you to change the key label for the currently selected
item in the Key list view."

HTH,
Amro