[jaws-uk] Re: Change of voice.

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:17:18 +0100

Michael
If you are in O E, press leftALT+TAB or INSERT+J to go to the Jaws7 window.
Press then the left alt key to bring up the Jaws menu. Press the DOWN ARROW
key twice, I think, to highlight the voices submenu. Press ENTER. You'll
have to chooce between Global Adjustment and Individual Voice Adjustment. In
this case you'd need the latter. Pressing the TAB key you'll hear
Application Outlook Express 5-6. Press TAB again and you'll land in a combo
box with four choices: PC Cursor Voice, Jaws Cursor Voice, Keyboard Voice
and Tutor and Message Voice. I believe that it is this last one you need to
modify. But if you decide to alter any of the other three voices you have to
follow the same steps. So, press the TAB key having highlighted one of the
four voices and you will be able to make I don't remember how many changes;
pitch, rate, volume, et cetera. Tab finally to the Apply prompt and press
enter. When you return to O E you will hear the changes made.

Carlos.