[jaws-uk] Re: Bt Broadband Desktop help

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:18:21 -0000

Hi Tom,

Up to 8 mb broadband is just that, up to.

The speed you actually get depends upon a number of factors including how
far you are from your exchange and the quality of the phone lines to your
house.

I don't know about BT but with my broadband supplier, I had to specifically
request to be placed on the up to 8mb option because it uses a technique
called interleaving which can vary the speed of the broadband dynamically.

I suspect that your best chance of getting an answer is to persevere with
the helpline and hope that you get a better response next time.

HTH,

Phil Medway

philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: 01869 347639