[jaws-uk] Re: Browsealoud and Jaws

  • From: "Tiddy Ogg" <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:43:31 -0000

Dorothy, here's what Wiki says:
BrowseAloud assists internet users with dyslexia and reading problems,
as well as those with mild visual impairments. By reading online text
aloud and highlighting words or sentences as they are spoken,
comprehension can be substantially increased.

It is important to note that BrowseAloud's solution does not take a
non-accessible website and turn it into an accessible website. Rather,
it offers free assistive technology for users. The original website must
already comply with the technical and legislative requirements for web
accessibility.

I could not get on to the home page, as they want cookies enabled, and
the other site Wiki mentions as using it, the British Council website,
was no-go with Jaws.
I can't see what your council hopes to do with this, but reading the
above, I doubt it'll be anything useful to anyone, as they appear to
have no clue about the WAI guidelines.