[jaws-uk] Browsealoud and Jaws

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:48:37 -0000

Dear List, I know nothing about Browsealoud and wonder if you do I have
tried for many months perhaps years to get my local Council to provide material in a
manner I as a Jaws user can read. I have had the help of a very clever and
knowledgeable friend who has explained blow by blow why Jaws cannot read
pictures.  Ihavehad to a lot of dealings with a particular Department
and have given all information even had a Meeting with Director of
Communications, sent examples of material Jaws can read and those which
say"alert Empty document. late today I was expecting important information
and I am told it cannot be provided the person tried he said to turn it into
a word document but he couldn't do it,he said it is my software that is
reason for the problem, I have the best software and OCR,I did get the
promise a person who writes for their website for my Council will go to a
seminar next week I phone the company this afternoon, I was relieved they
will be covering the DDA act but when I asked about the Screen readers they
would demonstrate  he mentioned Browsealoud and I do not think he knew much
about the main 3screenreaders, I am hoping he listened to me and someone will,meanwhile
can any of you tell me of your experience of Browsealoud please?

Thanks Dorothy