[jaws-uk] Re: Braille problems with 5.1

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:42:59 -0000

Dave,

There's some stuff on the FS site about cursor tracking problems in terminal
emulators in the support section, though I can't remember exactly how to find
it.  It talks about the shape of the cursor, and the blink rate etc.

The point about the function on the 2D that used to toggle between tracking,
and not tracking is an interesting one.  I had a look at the script which is
called by this function key a while ago, and its actually one which is supplied
by Papenmeier, and was changed fairly extensively a couple of versions of JAWS
ago.  When I looked at the script, I seem to remember that the old
functionality was still commented out.  What it does now, is that if you press
the key when the display contains the cursor, it always switches it to
non-tracking.  To switch it back to tracking, you need to move the display away
from the cursor with the reading bars and then press the key.

All this being said though, I don't think this is your problem, if you can find
the cursor, and it isn't where it should be, it sounds like a cursor tracking
problem.

Regards,

Tim Pennick