[jaws-uk] Braille Flash Messages

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:14:02 +0100

Hi All,

I'm finding that although I quite like the Braille flash messages introduced in
JFW  version 6 (I think), these can be a bit intrusive.  IN particular in Word,
when you  have style changes switched on, the style change is displayed on the
braille display meaning that you can't read the actual text.  It doesn't seem
to be possible to switch this notification off without disabling braille flash
messages altogether which I don't want to do.  Has anyone found a work-round
for this problem?

Regards,

Tim Pennick

Tim Pennick
tel:    01473 609040
BTnet:  00 1609040
email:  tim.pennick@xxxxxx

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be
for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the
numbers or address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc E-mail system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business
purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be
recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.