[jaws-uk] Re: BUYING AN EARLIER VERSION

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:56:34 +0200

Before deciding to buy jaws - or any other screenreader for that matter - your friend can always download and install a demo copy of whatever access software she decides to use.

Note, though, that jaws 8.0 will no longer run on a win 9x operating system; I am not sure if current versions of HAL or Window Eyes still support win 9x.

However, even nvda and Thunder, the two free offerings, require at least win 2k for an operating system.

Cheers,

Doris
At 10:39 AM 9/22/2007 -0400, you wrote:

Ottawa Canada

Dear Wendy and list:

I don't know why JAWS 8.0 would cause problems on your friend's
computer just because it is an older machine.

The PC I am using at the moment is 1999 vintage and works pretty
good with JAWS 8.0.

Have never heard of the Lookout screen reader before.

Firms don't  sell older versions of programs because the older
versions don't have all the bug fixes and it gets difficult to
provide support for them.

Hope this explains the situation.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard
email: b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: ve3yiab2ji15
tel: +1 (613) 247-0665
New York NY Tel +1 (646) 797-2862
FAX +1 (613) 247-9998

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21/09/2007 2:02 PM

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)