[jaws-uk] Re: BUYING AN EARLIER VERSION

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:36:50 +0100

Friends

I originally asked the question on behalf of a friend, and really thought
the answer was as Mervyn has just stated.  The problem is the activation
keys, of which you only get a limited number with each copy of JAWS, and
your serial number does stay with you when you upgrade.  In this way FS know
who owns what, and it is not really possible legally to transfer ownership.

The other part of my question was to ask if JAWS 8 would be ok for her, and
I have been reassured on that point.

However, there are other screenreading solutions, and I am intending to
investigate some of them when I get the time.  The real problem is that JAWS
is far too expensive for people on limited means.

Wendy