[jaws-uk] BT Yahoo Applications

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:34:52 -0000

Hi all,

Not strictly a Jaws question but I believe that there was some discussion of
this sort in the past and hope that someone knows the answer....

I'm trying to assist a lady to clean out her system of things that she isn't
likely to use.  In doing so, I came across an application called "Yahoo
Messenger" which is obviously loading on start up as it is always present
after booting up.

I am guessing that this is an application that is part of the BT Yahoo
Applications which is listed in the "Add/remove programmes" section of the
Control Panel.

My problem is that I don't know what else is in the BT Yahoo Applications.

Does anyone out there know if it is OK to uninstall this application without
damaging the BT internet connection?  Alternatively, do you know any easy
way to stop Yahoo Messenger from loading at all - it is not listed in the
"Start Up" group on the "Programmes" menu.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie