[jaws-uk] Re: Automatic Caps Lock resetting

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:14:36 -0000

Hi David
Do you mean the audible warning that you can hear if you try to shift-key a
letter when the caps lock is on?
I'm pasting below the instructions I found in the Windows Help Centre. This is
news to me too and here it goes and hope I'm not going to confuse you further.

Carlos.

>> Open Accessibility Options.
On the Keyboard tab, under ToggleKeys, select the Use ToggleKeys check box.
To turn off ToggleKeys, clear the Use ToggleKeys check box.

 Notes

To open Accessibility Options, click Start, point to Settings, click Control
Panel, and then double-click Accessibility Options.
To use the keyboard shortcut which allows you to turn ToggleKeys on and off by
pressing the NUM LOCK key for five seconds, on the Keyboard tab, under
ToggleKeys, click Settings.
If the Use shortcut check box in the Settings for ToggleKeys dialog box is
selected, you can turn ToggleKeys on or off by holding down the NUM LOCK key
for five seconds. <<