[jaws-uk] Re: Ascii characters

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:13:59 -0000

Hi Nadia,

I don't know if this will help or not so I will explain what I have in mind and
leave you to decide.

It is possible, in Windows XP, to have a range of keyboard configurations and
step through these by pressing alt+shift together.

I have both British and US English keyboard configurations available on my
laptop but many more are available from a list in the regional and language
options on the control panel, including Afrikaans.

I imagine that there are key combinations for your particular character
requirements on that keyboard layout and that they would be spoken by Jaws when
typed.  Of course, you might have to find someone who uses an Afrikaans
keyboard to ask the key combinations.

If you would like to know how to add the Afrikaans keyboard layout to your set
of keyboard configurations, it is probably best if you contact me directly on:
philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that this is of some help and hasn't confused you further.

Regards,

Phil Medway.