[jaws-uk] Re: Arranging text.

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:16:04 -0000

shift with arrow keys moves the cursor like when you use the arrow keys
normaly but it selects text so shift up/down arrow moves by line and selects
the text.

shift left/right arrow moves by character and selects text. shift home
selects to the beginning of line and shift end selects to end of line.

Shift control home selects from cursor to top of document and shift control
end selects from cursor to bottom of document.

In JAWS, once you have selected the text you want, you can confirm the
selection with Shift, Insert and number pad 2.
Then, control c coppies to clipboard (leaving the original copy of the text
where it is), Control X cuts the text (removes the original copy).

Control v willl then paste the contents of the clipboard in the new place,
wherever the cursor is.

You can do this across documents i.e. copy or cut text from one document to
the clipboard and paste into another.  Typing while text is selected will
replace the text with what you type.  Use control z to undo this if you do
it by accident.  You can also use the backspace or delete keys while text is
selected to remove all selected text.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page