[jaws-uk] Re: Architectural Drawings + Plans

  • From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:23:18 -0400

Ottawa Canada

If Dorothy can obtain the drawings on paper, she could ask K. A.
B. or R. N. I. B. if they have a Minolta tactile graphics unit
and capsule paper and can make the drawing into a quilt of 8 by
10 panels.  Problem is I don't think standard engineering or
architectural drawings will have distinct enough detail for her
to make sense of them when made into a tactile image.

Perhaps the best thing is for her to ask an engineer or architect
to explain the drawings to her and make notes on cassette tape.

I suppose the drawings in question could be modified to make
features on them more distinct in a tactile version, but making
these sort of changes involves time and effort and both can be
quite expensive.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard
E-mail: b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx