[jaws-uk] Re: Application mode. How do you turn it off?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:11:09 +0100 (BST)

Hi Sandra,
If you go to a web page, and Jaws says that application mode is on, then this
indicates that the page is meant to behave more like a regular program than a
standard web page. You can't use standard reading keys or quick navigation
keys, but you should be able to tab between controls, as in a normal program.
If you find that you can't use the web page in application mode, then you can
switch to the normal virtual pc cursor by pressing insert+z. In fact, on such a
page, pressing insert+z repeatedly cycles you round virtual pc cursor on,
virtual pc cursor off, and application mode.

David.