[jaws-uk] Re: Anti-virus software

  • From: "Kevin Morris" <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:53:38 +0000

Hi Barbara,

I'm glad you located it!

Yes it does scan continuously. In fact a couple of weeks ago I clicked
on a website, got an audible warning about a trojan and was given the
option to delete, egnore or quarantine the nasty!

I don't know the answer to your question about scanning e-mails as I
haven't explored the settings in great depth. I find my ISP's spam
filter tends to weed out about 98-99 per cent of junk mail and being
naturally cautious I don't click on any e-mail were I do not know the
sender.

What other security software do you have out of interest? I have the
free version of Zone Alarm which I find excellent but, again it takes
a bit of searching on the company's site to locate it! I also have
Spyware Blaster and Spybot Search and Destroy.

The only slight problem which I sometimes get is that Windows Defender
(or whatever its called with Vista) does not recognise that I have
security software installed (Zone Alarm etc) and warns me that there
are multiple security problems with my computer!

Cheers,
Kevin