[jaws-uk] Re: Anti Virus Program That Works With JAWS

  • From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:15:38 -0400

Ottawa Canada

Dear Dorothy and list:

I beg to differ with Norman Waddington, but I seem to be able to
nicely control my AVG Internet Security Pro Home Edition through
the use of JAWS.  It runs a scan on both of my computers daily
and does frequent checks for updates to the program, its virus
and spyware definition files.

You do, however have to use your JAWS cursor and the left mouse
button at times.  It is usable and for routine things such as
reading the virus and spyware scan results is quite JAWS
friendly.

Perhaps you should try it for yourself.  It cannot be more of a
dud than Kaspersky.

As this thread only partly deals with the use of AVG Internet
Security Pro or Kaspersky with JAWS, I propose to end this thread
on the list with this message.  Further comment should be
directed to me privately.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard
E-mail: b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx