[jaws-uk] Re: Another inaccessible site perhaps?

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:18:22 -0000

Hi Robin,

It takes time, like this message!  Where exactly do you encounter the
inability to move on?  First, you have a list of combo boxes to select
your choices.  If all of these are filled in appropriately, you can then
click on the Search My Villas Shortlist link, and you should then get a
list of available villas for your stay.  While navigating the said combo
boxes, you may like to switch in and out of virtual cursor mode.  (What
I usually do in these fairly complex situations is use the numpad-slash
key (or the enter key, it doesn't matter for the most part), then
alt-DownArrow to open the list; then, highlighting the selection I make,
hit the PC Cursor to temporarily leave Forms Mode.  However ... in one
instance, I think I had to use the tab key when i picked the departure
month - in order to then select the departure date.  When i failed to
select a departure date in October from manchester to the Costa Blanca -
I was presented with a "combo box: please select a date, 1 of 1" - I got
an error when I submitted the search for villas short list.  I then went
back in and used the tab key to bring me to the dates combo box, and
switched the month to September, and the airport to Edinburgh, and got a
combo box of 9 dates for September.  These done, (and 6 September,
duratin seven nights, two adults, no children, no infants,  I then got
results when I did the search My Villas Shortlist again.)  I hope that
helps you some way.  Some of the OnMouseOver buttons could be better
labelled!  However, why does JAWS think some buttons are OnMouseOver,
when no change to the page can be detected if you activate ctrl-enter -
the jaws COMMAND FOR THIS?  - (It happens on many Web pages.)