[jaws-uk] Andrew still trying to get my head around this

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:28:51 -0000

I went to bed in tears after the one I foundin the in box. The laptop the Toshibas is new but bought by a friend from a love shop I have been asking him to change it for weeks and weeks but so far nothing has been done by him. It is a little shop and they made his computer for him. I did point out to him that as I was not able to use Visa card ans they do not take them I wasn't that happy but he said he had known them for years. and trusted them I am not gong to the show up myself as I had a word with Trading Standards office and my Insurance policy line and they said just keep explaining to the friend that you are leaving it him to sort out.. It isn't easy as I have known this friend for over thirty years and he is a retired architect and does other work for me re household things but he is not going to want to do it. I did as gift for him update his computer from WN98 to XP and of course the same 1 business man shop did it for him . I hate to get tough with him but as gong to stand my ground a bit longer.. Incidentally if George will allow to tell you this. My neighbours around the corner lost the use of their computers when a Hugh lightening flash hit a nearby tree. I was lucky this time but their computers were literally blasted. I now have always insured my computer for all risks individually. both home and away. I asked the neighbours though and they only had home contents insured and not specified. but they did have accidental breakage and they have had a total replacement of their computers.. I asked the lady of she is our Neighbourhood watch news letter writer. Which insurance company and she will let me know. she said the usual thing women tend to say" I leave all that to him" meaning her husband I insist all the details and terms of my Policies are on audio tape every tiny detail. I tell them the friends at Heathfield TnAUK will do I am only considering the Safety First Rules.

Dorothy. Ok George keep your hair on..