[jaws-uk] Andrew can you see the cure for etc.,

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:14:16 -0000

This was  a   one off gesture by abilitynet  to cure the known problem as
they  say when using Monochrome. Tried to send it  lest  Email but  did not
select it correctly . Can you see why it wasn't    satisfactory. M. Schall
in    Germany/Switzerland  said it wouldn't be  any good for me. HE e was
correct it moved like treacle. In outlook   I found hard to connect then
word has to load up and that takes time. Had the  speedtouch modem at that
time and had to leave the  programme to    go to the   Internet  to
connect,then back again.. This is  when Michael   suggested as we were
running out of options you see    DE Fliedermous try it for a  thirty day
trial he  said what's to lose.
I am still confused as tohowyou could got in  from this desktop yesterday
an email  half  Ok that  is  white on black and  the other half  which was
Eric's and uses Webmail and that doesn't  ever  receive blackon black.
something odd  there  as you  said re Eric's  black  onblack  again.. I
dignities the laptop at all yesterday. My friend  called for   about  fifty
minutes thismorning and he   saw to the AVG on laptop I  asked  him to tell
the key stokes for the Click on the balloon. He   hasn't a clue of course he
doesn't  know Assistive tech but  is kind nd wants tohelpme he only just
updated  reluctantly  from Windows  98 and he  still a  dial up. He does use
AVG  however. RE the Spam  he didhisbest to no avail. I  cannot  stand the
Indian call centre and will rather put up with the    Spam for the moment..
I can always turn Jaws  down he  seems to love shouting   star star Spam as
if   get  real joy from it. Sorry must    get out of this habit of
calleding JFW he. Incidentally my OCR tells Eliot Martin or the  secretary
has left the letter NO of known. Can Jaws use another  speech  engine? I am
asking this for a reason as I think I told you  Yvonne of Dorton School
made  a suggestion last year to a technician  whenhe was  here  sheon the
telephone.  She  said  " can't she take another voice across she has so many
in Kurzweil. There was  silence  then uncertainty.  I    did the following
the next day I phoned  the RnIB technical   boys I am sure which of them
couldhagve been Wally. He  said  something about  not thinking likely
 and the  word    Synthetthisor

I have not the word correctly of course but come to think ofit why can't Jaws use Real speech it was a good question but sadly the answer was in the negative. Any way if you have had the chance to have a word or even Email Bryan Carver I wouldlove to know how you got on. Thanks for your effort they are wonderful at least you are trying to helpme it doesmatter forme I tried using the laptop just as it was but not any good couldnot stand the light. The Silver font idea only worked as I explained solong as you didnotever do a carriage return.Why do you think this was? At a guess and I know nothing at all but I am guessing that the actionof doing he carriage return or enter cause a line break? and this turns it back again to as it was?. This is pure speculation of course the computermanhimself just complained and said " why must you ask questions all the time can't you just use it" he knew nothing of assistive tech he was a mainstream computerman who actually cold make computrs to measure and not uninntelligent but whenhe got home and found all theoneshe sent tohimself he phoned me and SAid " I cannot read them" As clever as he is he didnot think to highlight them and remember it is a sighted world out there not all catch on. Kind regards to you all for being so patient with Dorothy''s problems