[jaws-uk] Re: Amro and others making Jaws not speak

  • From: "William Burton" <william.burton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:00:06 -0000

Hi Amro,

Unfortunately there's no way to load the synthesizer back up on the fly.
JAWS goes to sleep completely with the option on, so you can't use any
JAWS keystrokes until you move to another programme. You'd need to
reverse the sleep option from the Configuration Manager.

The configuration manager won't let you change the default synthesizer
for a particular programme. I think the best way to do what you're
asking is via the select synthesizer dialog as you've been doing.

By the way, you can get to the search in the JAWS help by pressing
Ctrl+Tab twice from the Contents treeview. Hope that helps.

Regards,
William Burton
Technical Support
Sight and Sound Technology