[jaws-uk] Re: Alternate language versions.

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:24:40 +0100

Hi Jane
When you install Jaws, Eloquence is installed with 10 languages, one of which is Spanish. Of course, you are given the choice not to install other than American English.
To change language, provided you are using Eloquence, you press the control key and the Windows key at the same time as the letter l. The keys I'm talking about are the two left most keys on the bottom row. You'll hear Jaws opening a menu of languages, ten in all, as I have already mentioned. You can go up and down this menu and press ENTER when you find the language you want. You can also press the letter C when in that menu to jump directly to Castilian Spanish.
There is also a Latin-American Spanish option. Please bare in mind that this is only to make Eloquence read text in Spanish. If you are moving your cursor over text in English Eloquence treats it as Spanish and you may find it rather difficult to understand.
If you need or want to have the full Spanish version you probably should get in touch with ONCE, which is the Spanish equivalent of the RNIB. I use only the standard English version of Jaws but can type in Spanish and read newspapers, books and visit web pages in Spanish using the procedure mentioned above.
Suerte:

Carlos V.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>