[jaws-uk] Adobe update .

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:53:31 -0000

Hi list decided to update Adobe from 8 to 8.1 yesterday. I am wondering if it always goes through the 3 stage business, First one lot comes in percent as you would expect then a repeat lot in percent and then a third, I then moved to laptop which connects by Wireless. it did the same three stage Palaver but naturally slower. Finally I fed in some PDF files I have on computer, cannot see any difference at all. a fair amount of choice and we are told our screen reader will be silent whilst Document preparing.. I am wondering why a local Engineer who does not use any Assistive Tech, said he has not been happy with Adobe since version 5.

Is Adobe 8.1 working well for the rest of you?
Thanks Dorothy