[jaws-uk] Re: Adobe Reader 7

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:42:15 +0100

Hi Irene,

I could be a million miles wide of the mark here, but in
Adobe, if you go to the Edit Menu, and select Preferences,
there is an "Internet" option listed.  When you select that,
you should be presented with a number of check boxes under
"Web Browser Options".  Make sure that "Display PDF in
Browser" is checked, and that your Internet connection speed
is correct.

George.

Irene
> Sent: 22 August 2005 11:38
> To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Adobe Reader 7
>

> Phil
>
> Thanks for that information.  However, I may be wrong but
> assumed that the Adobe Reader being used when I entered on

> the link was the one on my PC.  This definitely is the
full version.

> My colleagues seem to think the problem is something to do

> with documents opening in another window.  I have found
that
> I can read the files if I use "save target as" to download

> them to my machine but, of course, this is only a
work-around
> and I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Irene
>

> Irene Cooper
> Systems Support Officer
> North East Derbyshire District Council
>
> Tel: 01246 217101
> E-mail: Irene.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Medway
> Sent: 22 August 2005 11:26
> To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Adobe Reader 7
>
> Hi Irene,
>
> A lot of intranet sites use the basic version of Acrobat
> reader rather than the full version which is the one you
need.

> The following link will provide you with a wealth of
> information on the creation of accessible PDF documents
and a
> link to the download of the version of the reader which
you require.

> http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/main.html
>
> The download link on this page is at a level 4 heading.
>
> The download is a two stage process and you need to ensure

> that the combo boxes are set to the appropriate selections

> for your system.  Also a couple of check boxes are ticked
by
> default which you probably don't want.  Namely Adobe photo

> album and, I think, Yahoo tool bar.
>
> If you need further information or help, please contact me

> directly or come back to the list.
>

> HTH,
>
> Phil Medway.

on
> another list.  I thought I'd try here as there has
recently
> been some discussion on Adobe Reader.  Hope someone can
help.

> Having a problem reading some PDF documents from my
> employer's intranet site.  If the document opens in the
same
> window, it's OK but, if it tries to open in a new window,
> Adobe Reader seems to come up briefly, then close again.
> Colleagues using the same version of Adobe Reader are not
> having this problem so could it be something to do with
the
> presence of a screen reader (Jaws in this case)?
>
> Look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Irene
>
> Irene Cooper
> Systems Support Officer
> North East Derbyshire District Council
>
> Tel: 01246 217101
> E-mail: Irene.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Disclaimer
>
> This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
use of the

> individual to whom it is addressed.
>  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
> author and do not
>
> represent those of North East Derbyshire District Council.
>
> This email contains information intended for the addressee
only.
>  It may contain confidential or privileged information.
>  If you have received it in error, please notify us
> immediately and delete
>
> the e-mail.
>  Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this

> communication
>
> without prior permission of the addressee is strictly
prohibited.

> This e-mail message and any attached files have been
scanned for the

> presence of computer viruses.
> However, you are advised that you open any attachments at
> your own risk.
link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe]
the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq]
>
> --
> This email has been verified as Virus free Virus
Protection
> and more available at http://www.plus.net

link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
the

> Disclaimer
>

> This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
use
> of the individual to whom it is addressed.
>  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
> author and do not represent those of North East Derbyshire

> District Council.
>
> This email contains information intended for the addressee
only.
>  It may contain confidential or privileged information.
>  If you have received it in error, please notify us
> immediately and delete the e-mail.
>  Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this

> communication without prior permission of the addressee is

> strictly prohibited.
>
> This e-mail message and any attached files have been
scanned
> for the presence of computer viruses.
>
> However, you are advised that you open any attachments at
> your own risk.
link:-