[jaws-uk] Re: Adobe 7.0 Still

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:05:04 +0200

Make sure you get the accessible version of adobe reader. There is a direct download link to the program on the jflwite homepage in its programs section.

Doris

At 09:34 PM 8/29/2005 +0100, you wrote:

Hi folks,
I've still not managed to solve my problem with Adobe 7.0, XP Home and Jaws
6.2.  After cleaning everything out and downloading full versions from a
variety of sites, I find that I can neither open .PDF files nor the Adobe
program itself.  If you approach the problem via the .PDF file's context
menu, the system suggests Adobe 7.0 as the program to open it with, but when
you hit enter, the only thing that happens is that the menu closes.  Most of
the time, my wife, who has her own settings, can't open Adobe either.  On
the odd occasion when she has managed to open it, she's tried to launch
Jaws, but been told that the program doesn't support screenreaders.  This is
in spite of the fact that I've been meticulously following instructions to
acquire downloads which do.

Has anyone had any further thoughts?

Colin

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005