[jaws-uk] Accessible Podcast Production Software

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCAB" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:57:01 -0000

    Hi all

i've posted this to two lists, so apologies if you get the message twice.

I'm currently looking for the most accessible and time efficient method of
producing my bi-weekly music podcast...

http://www.bigmixentertainment.co.uk/music-matters-podcast.html

Bear with me as I give you a bit of background.

I have a Samson Q1U USB Mic, GoldWave, and OtsDJ.

Currently, this is how I have to do it...

1.  Record voiceovers in GoldWave and apply noise reduction and level boosting
as the software that comes with the mic isn't accessible and I can't booste
it's output.

2.  Import recorded voiceovers and music into the OtsDJ software.

3.  Record the podcast and save as .wav file.

4.  Reimport the finished .wav podcast into OtsDJ and convert to mp3.

5.  Upload to server.

What i actually want to be able to do is record a live version of the show,
complete with live voiceovers, but as I need to edit for noise reduction and
level boosting I can't do this right now.

also, the live input with Ots has about a .75 second delay from when you speek
to when the voice is heard, you ever tried talking like that when you hear an
echo of yourself, you sound drunk all the time.

I've downloaded a free piece of software called pod producer.  it's fairly
accessible using the jaws cursor, but very unfriendly and unhelpful in the way
of keyboard shortcuts.

So, here's what I need.

1.  A way of boosting the USB mic input so I can do live voiceovers.

2.  scripts for Pod producer, if available or an alternative software package
to record the shows that will crossfade songs and fire jingles etc.

Sorry about the long post, but I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.

Darren