[jaws-uk] Re: Accessible DVD players

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:52:36 +0100

Hi Amro and John,

Thanks for your further contributions.  I don't know how these things work
behind the scenes but I wonder if, once you install, for example, Media
Player Classic, if the codecs that come with it are then made available to
other programmes such as Windows Media Player, kind of like the way Windows
uses driver files?

Hence, once the codec is installed, it can then be used by these other
programmes.  This might explain why John appears to be able to play .VOB
files if he has installed some other software as well?

Anyway, now off to download Media Player Classic.

Jamie

  _____