[jaws-uk] Above Reader 9

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:23:11 +0100

Following some complaints about the latest Adobe Reader 9
not installing, I have just done some research, so if you
use Adobe Reader, PLEASE read on.

It appears that some people are experiencing an error while
attempting to install.  Some people have found they can get
round this by uninstalling their earlier versions. Others
have failed to the extent of being without it.  However, I
must stress that this has not worked in all cases.   There
have also been reports of failure to open PDF's attached to
mail messages and such like.

At this point (Friday 17th July), Adobe do not appear to
have commented on these problems.

So please be warned.  DO NOT attempt to install Adobe Reader
9 if you rely on it in any way.  You could be left without
it altogether.

If I hear more, and/or even get it working myself, I'll try
and let you all know.

George Bell.